Location of the Summer Camp
Holiday Center «Le Piroulet en Vercors»
Les Prés du Moulin
26420 Vassieux en Vercors, France
Dear Dharma Friends,
In response to Ringu Rinpoche's request, we have looked for a new place for the Bodhicharya Sangha's next summer gathering. After exploring several possible locations, we have chosen the charming holiday center of Piroulet en Vercors. It is located at the heart of the regional natural park of Vercors, at an altitude of 1050 m and is a five-minute walk from the small village of Vassieux en Vercors.
The summercamp is accessible to everyone, even to those who do not have a deep knowledge of the buddhist path. Every day there are two teaching sessions (one in the morning, one at the end of the afternoon). The rest of the time is unscheduled to offer participants the opportunity to relax and enjoy the many activities available at and around the center. Families and children are welcome: this year's summercamp will include bilingual (french-english) childcare during the teachings for the first time.
Topic of the summercamp 2011
This year, Rinpoche will base his teaching on «Mahamudra: The Moonlight -- Quintessence of Mind and Meditation» composed by Dakpo Tashi Namgyal (1512-1587), a briliant scholar and accomplished meditator of the Kagyu tradition. The teachings will be given in english and translated into french.
How to reach the holiday center
- By road :
- Coming from the north: highway A7 : exit Valence Nord, then follow the signs for these towns and villages: Romans, St Nazaire, St Laurent en Royans, St Eulalie en Royans, les Grands Goulets, La Chapelle en Vercors, Vassieux
- Coming from the south: highway A7, exit Loriol, then follow the signs for Crest, Die, Vassieux
- Coming from the north-east : Grenoble highway A49, exit St Marcellin, then follow signs for Pont en Royans, St Eulalie en Royans, Les Grands Goulets, la Chapelle en Vercors, Vassieux
- By Train : There are two possible stations: Valence Ville and Valence TGV (Alixan). A shuttle to the holiday center will be in Valence TGV on July 30th at 16:00 and in Valence Ville on July 30th at 16:30. On august 5th, the shuttle will leave the holiday center at 13:30, then count between 1:30 and 2:00hours to Valence Ville and between 2:00 and 2:30 hours to Valence TGV. The price for the shuttle is 15€/person each way (including children who use a seat).
- By plane :
- the closest international airport is the one of Lyon. There is a train station in the airport itself, called Lyon-Saint-Exupéry TGV. There are two direct trains from this train station to Valence Ville (9:51 -- 10:20 and 11:42 -- 12:12). You can also take a tramway from the airport to the train station of Lyon Part Dieu. Both Valence Ville and Valence TGV are reachable from Lyon Part Dieu and the web site of the airport gives information about the tramway connection.
- another posibility is to land in Paris and go to Valence from there. There are trains from Paris to the two abovementionned train stations.
Accomodation and meals
The holiday center will offer 3 vegetarian meals a day with accomodation starting with dinner on July 30th and including lunch on August 5tt.
- Dining hall with a panoramic view.
- At this stage, all single and double rooms have been booked, so:
- Rooms with at least 3 beds with shower and toilets.
- Sheets are provided but please bring your own towels
- Common room with wireless access.
The holiday center also has a television room, a laundry room, a library, an indoor (unmonitored) swimming pool and a lounge.
- indoor swimming pool
- foosball (babyfoot)
- ping pong
- tennis courts
- climbing wall
Cost of the summer camp
The rates for the summercamp are fixed: the full week's rates must be paid even for partial attendance.
We have tried to keep the price of the summercamp as low as possible. However, it is a bit higher than last year for the following reasons:
- as Rinpoche requested, the summercamp will be held in a holiday center offering more activities, which implies an increase of the daily rate
- we now have event cancellation insurance (in case Rinpoche is unable to teach, e.g. for health reasons)
- childcare costs will be covered collectively.
The all inclusive prices for the week are as follows:
- 430 € per adult (+60 € for a single room)
- Prices for children (charged by the holiday center):
- 300 € per child between 10 and 18 years old
- 230 € per child between 5 and 10 years old
- 120 € per child between 1 and 5 years old
- Free for children under 1 year old
- Fill out the registration form
- Pay an initial deposit of 300 € by bank transfer to Bodhicharya France's bank account:
IBAN: FR76 1027 8010 2300 0202 5650 173
BIC (bank identifier code): CMCIFR2A
When you arrange the bank transfer, please check with your bank that the transfer's label includes your full name so that we can retrieve your payment.
- Your registration will be completed (and your room booked) only after we have received your 300 € deposit. You will then receive a confirmation e-mail.
- The remaining price will be paid at your arrival at the holiday center.
- Remember that you will be charged for the full summercamp even if you follow it only partially.
Web site of the holiday center of Piroulet en Vercors (in french)